1. Order web hosting from us.
2. Upload your web site to the temporary address we give you.
3. Contact the company you registered your domain name through and ask them to change the name servers to: ns5.4yourwebsite.com, ns6.4yourwebsite.com. ns7.4yourwebsite.com and ns8.4yourwebsite.com
4. Once the name servers are changed it takes about 48 hours for the domain to move over to point to your new 4yourwebsite.com account.
5. We recommend waiting about a week after this is complete before contacting your previous web host to cancel your account.
If all of this sounds too complicated, just order your hosting from us, give us your old website access information and we will take care of the transfer for you. We will transfer your basic, static website for free. There is a fee for transfer of databases associated with dynamic, database-driven websites.
Tip: To know when the move is complete, add something new to the version of the site that you upload to your 4yourwebsite.com server. That way you can tell if the domain is pointing to our server or to the old one.